Located close to Lake Pontchartrain and in the suburbs of New Orleans, we’re near one of the most vibrant vacation destinations in the world. Our community offers access to a broad range of attractions including the following:
- Chateau Golf and Country Club
- Treasure Chest Casino
- Adjacent to AJ Muss Bertolino Park
- Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts
- The Esplanade Mall featuring Macy’s and Dillards
- Lakeside Mall featuring variety of name-brand and specialty shopping
- Kenner Fair Grounds Off-Track Betting and Casino
- Neighborhood restaurants within walking distance including franchises of Copelands, Zeas, McAlisters and Mr. Ed’s Seafood and Italian Restaurant, a local favorite.
Chateau Living Center is also close to plantation tours and swamp boat tours. You may want to take your loved one on a day adventure touring one of our local plantation homes and taking a step back in history. For the more adventurous, there are also several swamp tours available to see wildlife up close but from a safe distance.
A short 10-minute drive affords easy access to the world-renowned architecture and unique shopping of the French Quarter and Jackson Square, Audubon Park, St. Charles Avenue, the Audubon Zoo, the Aquarium of the Americas, Mardi Gras World on the West Bank of the Mississippi, as well as a host of weekend festivals and events throughout the year including Mardi Gras, the French Quarter Festival, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, Crescent City Classic, Essence Music Festival, VooDoo Festival, New Orleans Saints football, Pelicans basketball, New Orleans Baby Cakes baseball, Voodoo Arena Football and even a semi-pro soccer team known as the Jesters. This is in addition to an extensive offering of cultural options for art, music/orchestra, performing arts theaters (Saenger, Orpheum, Le Petit Theater New Orleans, etc.) and multiple venues for every musical preference of choice.